According to the message board, the process for "dunning" NetZero is as
follows:

(Please keep in mind I haven't tried this--I have no need--I'm only
repeating what I've found in the past)

DUNNING NetXero ###################################

Many inquiries regarding this issue have arisen. I will summarize the prior
threads for those of you who
want a quick, no-BS solution:

1. Create an account at the netzero website (http://www.netzero.net). You do
NOT need to download their
software.

2. Download the MS-DOS program NZPE from here,
http://www5.50megs.com/fnc/nzpe.zip

You will need nzpe to determine your encrypted password.

3. Let's say my username is jellybeans and my password is openup. The
encrypted username you would
use in DUN (for Windows) or ppp (in Linux) would be like this:

3.0.4:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(just add the 3.0.4: before your username, and add the @netzero.net after
your username; the 3.0.4
represents the latest version of the Netzero software - you will have to
update this as the software
versions get updated; just visit their website to determine what the latest
version is)

For the password, openup, run nzpe to determine what the encrypted form will
be. The encrypted form
always begins with a 0 and ends with a 1. So for openup, I start nzpe in
MS-DOS, enter openup as my
password and the encrypted for shows up as this:

0\\>;[;1

Now you have both the encrypted username and the encrypted password. Now you
can connect to
Netzero without their software! Just use the encrypted username and
encrypted password in ppp for
Linux or if you are a Windows user, Dial Up Networking (DUN).