i have an hp 720c set up in mandrake 7.1, i had to install the pnm2ppa
package which rpm info specifically mentions the 722c as well, my
version was 0.8.9-0.pre2mdk so it is alpha but it works for me, i think
i had to configure the printer by running the command: printtool from
the console - it was a while ago and i have forgotten what i read up
about it but on my machine it does work

bascule