I hate to say this, but I am in shock..

I just installed 7.2 from the current ISO images - did an expert install and
installed everything- and for the very first time, of any Mandrake or SuSE
install, ALL of my devices (except my USB  HP scanner - not supported yet as
far as I know ) worked out of the "box" - my SBLive! card, DSL, floppy, ZIP,
CDRW (although I haven't tested if the writing part works), printer (HP
Deskjet 950C)  all work !!! Printouts look incredible. I can't believe I
don't have to coerce my sound card into an operational state.

KDE2 installed fine - XFree 4.01 looks great - my flatscreen monitor looks
excellent !!!! This is GREAT !!!!

Konqueror looks fine - no more ugly fonts - Kmail set up as easy as pie

One thing - amyone know where in KDE2 you can install new themes  ? I don't
see the Theme Manager that used to be in the Control center.

This is a pure standalone, at home, machine - nothing too fancy, but that may
change now.

Way to go Mandrake !!!!!

cheers,
philomena