In certain situation and with certain applications this is indeed
true. However, just as important, if not more so in some instances, is the
actual access speed of the HDD in question. If you have a SCSI HDD that
spins at 10,000 rpms but only has an access time of 40ms and I have an IDE
HDD that spins at 7200 rpms but has an access time of 120ms, I'll take the
second HDD every time. Both numbers are important, but to my mind and
wallet I tend to look at the access time more than how fast the disk
spins.

--
Mark

Larry is NOT a cucumber...he's a stinkin pickle...
        WITH WARTS!

          registered linux user # 182469
                =/\= PINE 4.21 =/\=

Surprisingly on Tue, 31 Oct 2000 Adrian Smith had this to say!