From: Michael Scottaline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 1:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Re: [newbie] KPP Problem - cant connect to Net as user]

"Minhaz at LineOne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using Linux Mandrake 7.1 on a standalone PC and can connect to my
ISP.
> When I open Netscape, I receive the following messages
>
> "Warning: the following hosts are unknown:
>
>     home.netscape.com
>     home6.netscape.com
>     internic.net
>
> Can someone tell me what DNS and PPP settings I need to add ?
>
> Minhaz
================
My guess is that your ppp settings are just fine.  You are connecting to
your
isp.  but have you edited your /etc/resolv.conf ?
add the lines:
search <your isp>
nameserver <dns#>
nameserver <dns#>

Your isp should provide you with at least two dns#'s

HTH,
Mike

"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing
and dreadful idolatry took place there!"
Baltasar Rusow, Estonia, 16th century

http://home.netscape.com/webmail