Sound configuration would have to be one of Mandrake's weak points, even in
version 7.2. Try running sndconfig from a root console. If it does not exist,
install the package by the same name.

If you use an environment like KDE or GNOME, make sure that their sound
servers load at startup (artsd for KDE2, esd for GNOME).

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
        "One World, One Web, One Programme." - Microsoft Promotional Ad.