> Hi, I have had that problem in the past and have found that (at least it
> appears this way) you have to start Netscape and even though not online click
> on "edit" then "preferences" and then  "Mail and Newsgroups" Put in your
> Identity, email address and then go to mail and put in the pop server name  for
> incoming mail and the smtp server name for outgoing mail as well as user name
> and anything else it asks for. Once that stuff is entered click ok and  then
> exit Netscape. Try KPPP and see  if Netscape will come up correctly. If not try
> reboot and do the KPPP again. If this all doesn't work I am at a loss, and hope
> someone else has a better solution.

I have just completed my 28th re-install of L-M 7.0 !!!

I have found as above - Before Netscape will access any netsite it needs
to have the mail and newsgrooup preferences changed from the defaults.
And
this is regardless of having previously saved the content of
~/.netscape.

I have tried simply copying over the the setup data as part of my
process
of restoration - but this doesn't work here. The editing has to done via
Edit->Preferences first.

I haven't experimented to see if only one change to the preferences file
will
work - Maybe on re-install #29 <grin>

Cheers

--
ICQ#: 89345394                  Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"