Eric,

Can you please give me some specifics.  I'd really appreciate it.  In
addition to wanting to use an alternate modem, I'd like to use the
Realport's Lan capabilities.  The Armada came with a 3com 10/100 ethernet
card...  you know, the kind with a dongle hanging off which connects to the
local ethernet cable...  well, the card, in spite of 3com's reputation, is
a piece of ill-designed shit.  because the dongle connector on the card
side wears out, and when it does it keeps slipping out of the card breaking
the connection.  So, you replace the dongle...  you either wait days for
warranty service which will eventually expire or you go to the local cable
store and pay $40 for this thing.  $40!!!.  So, I'm very very anxious to
get the Realport card working both on the modem and lan fronts.  Any
specific detail you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

tia,

Brian

eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@mandrakesoft.mandrakesoft.com on 11/04/2000
12:08:20 PM