Hello,  Sorry, but I beg to differ...
I have Win98 and BeOS on my secondary master and linux on my primary master.
Cdrom is primary slave.  I have even installed Win98 after installing linux.
In your bios, shut down whichever drive you will not be installing to until
after installation.  I believe linux still picks up on the windows partition
(drive) when I have deselected that drive in the bios.  Put lilo in the mbr
of the linux drive and in worst case, add the win drive later through
whatever mechanism Mandrake uses (can't remember).  Have fun!

--
TRBishop
[EMAIL PROTECTED]