On Sunday 05 November 2000 07:33 pm, Jon Doe wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Nov 2000, you wrote:
> > Seth:
> > Thanks for wrapping up the mystery. After reading the review, I
> > wonder if the boxed sets that actually contain KDE2 will be
> > specially marked? -- Carroll
>
> Well I purchased  my LM7.2 at Wal-Mart and it said nothing about
> KDE2 yet it has KDE2pre.

   FWIW, be happy, there's no discernable difference between 1.99
(KDEpre) and 2.0 KDE.  Just as there's no real difference between
7.2 release candidate and final.   My perception is that the
Wal*Mart version is just another example, since it was stripped
down'd, of why MacMillan releases of Mandrake should be avoided.
Better to d/l or buy the lastest cheap Cd's and send Mandrake a
donation.  Their addresses to do so are:

MandrakeSoft, Inc. : 2400 N. Lincoln Ave - Altadena, CA 91001 - USA
MandrakeSoft S.A. : 43, rue d'Aboukir - 75002 Paris - France
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay