> Basically the 7.2 at Wal-Mart is a "desktop" only version geared for
> newbies.  There is no expert install, no development tools and the KDE is

If you look a bit deeper, Eddie, you'll find that every version of
Mandrake xx Complete is described as a "desktop only version geared for
newbies".  This one is no exception except that it's got a very buggy
interface as its default interface.

> 1.99 and not the final KDE 2.0.  Mandraksoft is working on a patch that
> will be downloaded via MandrakeUpdate that will bring the KDE to the 2.0
> final.

Yep...the first thing newbies need to do is find out that their winmodem
won't connect them.  I guess this is a feature  :-)

Cheers --- Larry