On Monday 06 November 2000 12:03 am, Mandeep Chadha wrote:
> I bought this motherboard a while back and do not recall it's name
> (it is not a brand name). It uses a VXPro chipset (PC82C437VX+).
>
> It's UDMA/33 support for hard disk access (on ide0 & ide1).
>
> -Mandeep

     I thought when you used 'experimental', it might be some new
engineering sample motherboard, not yet released. But yours is an
old board.  IIRC, there's problems with early AMD, VIA, and some
HDD's.  I believe part of the solution was to underclock the FSB,
eg, run it at 95mhz.  Some time ago there was a poster on the expert
mailing list named Civilme.  He had thoroughly explored this VIA
situation and posted solutions for various VIA/HDD configurations.
Try searching the expert mailing list archive.
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay