Hey Larry,
I've been following the exchange between you and Fred (excerpts below)
with interest.  I don't know what kind of tag team you've got going with
Tom; I guess you can speak for him.  This is written on behalf of
myself; it's clear Fred can speak for himself :-D  As a newbie, I find
Tom's unnecessary, condescending remarks about Grandma and clueless and
color schemes to be offensive.  No one, that I could see, was asking
what you or Tom thought about HTML.  Propping yourself up by knocking
somebody else down is not helping.  If it is your intent to deny me
access to your juicy, desirable knowledge unless I embrace your
supercilious swaggering and, metaphorically speaking, kiss your ass, so
be it.  I welcome the solitude.  Here's a clue:  I didn't come here
looking for a girlfriend :-D

Cheers --- Rolf