brian wrote:

> Dave Naylor wrote:
>
> So long as you do a custom setup you can set the partition sizes and file
> systems yourself during installation
>
> Brian Mahoney
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm about to take delivery of and then install 7.2, I currently have 7.1.
> > I've decided to do a completely fresh install but I also want to try
> > ReiserFS for the first time. This would seem like an ideal opportunity to
> > do it.
> >
> > Can I, from installation, define which filesystem I want to use or do I
> > have to let the installer set up all my partitions as ext2 and then go
> > through a labourious backup>reformat>restore?
> >
> > --
> >    O    Dave Naylor   [ Y@C 07092-033913       ]
> >   <|>                 [ [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ]
> >  |---|  ICQ 16742766  [ SMS [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]

I did the recommended install.  When you get the portion of the install
that asks you if you want to keep the existing disk partitions or change
them, select change.  When you are in Hardrake, your can delete the
existing
partition and then you will have the option of recreating it as
ReiserFS.
I was able to change all mine.

Barry :-)