-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of gcobb
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000 4:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Tar Installs

I've got this really basic question that I haven't been able to conquer just
yet.

When I do a TAR -zxvf filename then I run ./configure, make and make
install, I can see on the console screen that there's nothing wrong after
the install.  My big problem is not knowing where it put the file to start
the program or what the name would be.  The latest culprit is the
Firestarter program.  Is there any rhyme or reason to this?

Thanks!