What sound card do ya have? mdk 7.2 comes with alsa try thisyou can
even compile it from source which also comes with 7.2(d/l ISO anyhow). Go
to alsa-project.org to see if yer card is supported and get all the
info on alsa. also you must have sound.core module(this is basic
kernel sound support you should have it anyhow)