On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, root wrote:

> Dear All,
>  Has anyone tried any of the napster clones with 7.2 yet? I have the
> gnapster and it seems to get the music fine . Unfortunately Kaiman does
> not work at all for playing the music. The Xmms player works except the
> music fades in and out. I do not know if the problem is with KDE2
> downloading music or with the players themsselves. I certainly would
> like this up and running well in 7.2. The music player in 7 worked very
> well. Is there another player I can try? Thank you. Marcia

I personally prefer mpg123 at the command line. One great option is -b
<size> sets up a buffer however big ya want so that when ya start up a pig
like netscape or something it doesn't effect the music. Kinda  like
antiskip on a portable cd player. Stores a few seconds ahead in
buffer. neat feature. And it uses far less memory and cpu resources than
xmms which is a pig!

 --
Chad Y.
Registered Linux User #195191