On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Krulo wrote:

> my problem is this:
>
> after I boot with the disk7 to the 7.2 instalatio I get this really cool screen with
>the options F1 or Enter. After choosing "Enter" he detects the cdrom, initializes it
>and enters the setup process (another cool screen). he asks the language, the
>expert/costum thing and then detects the keyboard, the mouse, etc. then asks me to
>choose what type of partition do I want: if I want to delet windows, if I want to use
>the free space in the windows partition, or the expert. I choose "use free space" and
>then I does this:
>
> "Computing windows file system bounds"
> he wait here a while and then a window appears saying some like "it's advisable to
>run scandisk and scanreg (opt) before entering this stage. press OK when ready"
> and there are 2 buttons: "OK" and "Cancel". But when I try to click on any of them
>it doest work! the mouse works but it's not possible to click on any button! even in
>the "screen change" buttons... crtl+alt+del doesn't work to... I already tried to
>make a scandisk, a scanreg, the 2 types of scandisk, in DOS, in windows... and it
>keeps crashing in the same stage... can U help me? I tried to make the partitions in
>the "expert" mode but if I try to make any other he deletes the windows one...
>help...?
>
> thx

Can you give a little more info? HD size, how many other partitions,
etc....In my case, when I get to the part that asks me if I want to use
the free space, blah blah, I click the Expert button, and since I have a
HD thats plenty big enough (17 gig) for me to shrink Winbitesmyass down
considerably (since I use Linux as my primary OS anyways), I then click on
the Windows partition (because clicking on expert brought me to DiskDrake,
which allows you to resize and partition your HD), make it smaller (about
5 gig), then I click on the remaining free space (about 11 left over, of
course), and then I click auto-allocate. DiskDrake then sets up the Linux
partitioning, and away I go. Maybe that will work for you...either way,
click expert and just take a look without actually doing anything - youre
safe just looking things over, getting your bearings.

--

peace,

Rog

http://www.slammingrooves.com