> Francisco Alcaraz Ariza wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
> I am having problems to install a new kernel in rpm format; If I use
> the classical rpm -i it seems that everything goes well, but in fact
> my kernel is not modified.
> What can I do? Is there any way to change the kernel using those rpm
> files or do I need to start using the tgz file??
> Thanks newbies and more expert "linux-men" for your help!!!!
>

> Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
> Departamento de Biología Vegetal
> Universidad de Murcia
> Campus de Espinardo
> E-30100 Murcia, España (Spain)
> Pone: int+34+968364976
> e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I may be a 'born sceptic', but I would never trust RPM to upgrade my
kernel. I believe kernel updates should be done by downloading the
kernel source, and recompile it from there :-)

-- Cheers!
======  Rune Kallhovd, CORENA Norge AS  ======
=             Software Engineer              =
=   P.O.Box 1024, N-3601 Kongsberg, NORWAY   =
=  Tlf: +47 32 73 7448, Fax: +47 32 73 6877  =
==  CORENA Home Page: http://www.corena.no  ==