From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 2:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] RPM major numbers <- 3 problem

Fireman71 wrote:

> When trying to upgrade some packages with "rpm -U packnamehere" I got the following
>error message....
>
> only packages with major numbers <= 3 are supported by this version of RPM
>
> This has happened on several upgrades I have tried before but now its become a
>problem due to it happening on a package that I need to upgrade.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this problem or fix it?
>
> Ian K. Harrell
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My guess would be that you are trying to update packages that are
written for
RedHat 7.0, which uses a newer version of RPM. If this is the case, you
need to
upgrade your RPM proggie, along with some other libraries too.
Check out the RedHat site for more info...

-- Cheers!
======  Rune Kallhovd, CORENA Norge AS  ======
=             Software Engineer              =
=   P.O.Box 1024, N-3601 Kongsberg, NORWAY   =
=  Tlf: +47 32 73 7448, Fax: +47 32 73 6877  =
==  CORENA Home Page: http://www.corena.no  ==