From: David Grubb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 5:55 PM
Subject: [newbie] Cable Modems

> Hi all,
>
> Loaded 7.2 onto the box at home last night, and apart from one glitch, had
no problems.

> The one glitch is this: Have cable internet connection through Optus@Home
(the Aussie arm of Excite@Home) which I cannot get to work via DrakConf -
after stuffing around in drakconf for a couple of hours configuring the
network card (realtek chipset using ne-2k driver module) I gave up trying to
automagically configure the internet connection in drakconf - went to the
shell and ran dhcpcd -h myhostname eth0 and all was up and working.

> My question is: can someone tell me a simple, straightforward method of
connecting to the internet via cable modem at system startup? All the FAQs,
NHFs, HOW-TOs etc I've found all suggest different methods, and none of
these work....