it's telling you exactly what the problem is...unlike another operating
system that I won't mention right now that couldn't generate a decent
error message to save it's miserable life...anyway, it's telling you that
it's not able to resolve, or determine the "host" name. It wants to know
what the name of your computer is. the place that it looks for this
information is not, or unable to supply the kernel with this
information. By default it would normally be localhost.localdomain. This
can be set by opening Drakeconf and clicking on the "Network
configuration" button on the Drakeconf panel.

--
Mark

/ * Sometimes it becomes necessary to rock the boat
  * in order to get the rats up from below decks
  * so they can be kicked over the side and drowned!
  *
  *     REGISTERED LINUX USER # 182496
  */

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 SKLIM had this to say!