[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[snip]
> Are there perhaps any tools which i can use to just tell
> the computer that my windows partition is infact a FAT32
> partition, just by editing the partition table) - this
> excluding fdisk, as i had no luck there...
>
> thanx for your help...

creaktop.....yes Linux fdisk will do that.  Use your Linux
Mandrake 7.2 install CD in rescue mode to gain access to both
fdisk and your partition.  The 't' command of fdisk will
change a partition's system id.  From what you've been saying
you probably need to change it back from whatever it is now
(probably a type '83' or a type '85') to a type 'b'.  Check
out the 'l' command to decide what to change it to.
--
Alan