Ok, I finally made it...

thanx everyone for the help... I used linux fdisk on the Lnx-Mdk 7.2
install disk, in rescue mode, it's amazing how much more powerful it is
than DOS fdisk, wow...
Here's what i did: linux fdisk said that the partition with windows on it
was an extended linux partition. i wanted to just rename it to a windows
partition, but it said that i would have to delete it first. So i deleted
it and made a new windows parition on the space that had been labeled with
linux extended partition. I then saved, and rebooted, but the computer just
stopped, no prompt, nothing. So i rebooted with my windows bootdisk and
used DOS fdisk to look at the partitions, it said that there was one
non-DOS partition and one DOS partition. I then used my norton basic rescue
boot disc, which restored, i think it was my, bootsector. Then i booted
normally and everything is just dandy.

Thanx again, to all of those who helped me, i really appreciate it, before
posting to this list i was close to despair and considered just formatting
the drive...

bye...

creaktop