Tom Brinkman wrote:

o.  Getting back to my point tho, resolv.conf has:
> nameserver 198.6.1.218
> nameserver 198.6.100.218
>
>    I didn't enter those numbers, they were auto configured by linux on
> connect, and there's no first line "search" or "domain" as I so often
> hear given in the generic "edit resolv.conf and enter ...." advice.
> --
> Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay

Understand, I have the same nameserver addresses in my resolv.conf files
also, that is in 7.2, I don't remember seeing that in 7.1 or 7.0. and
since it ain't broke I won't fix it. I seem to break enough things
around here without doing it on purpose..