-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of bascule
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 12:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] DNS issue?

not sure brian, but in win you have to set the box to be on a lan and tell
it
to use dns, i set my win98 box to have the same two dns server entries for
my
isp as i gave the mandrake box, iirc the place to do this is control
panel>network>tcp/ip-network adapter>properties, on the dns tab choose
enable
and fill in the fields, in the gateway tab i have put the address of my
mandrake box as that is the gateway to the net (this might not be necessary
but it works for me!)

bascule