Till et al:

I've got a download 7.2 workstation (single computer/user) recommended
install going here (good job!) and having a couple of problems with the
printing.  Cups is installed and loads at boot (message: Loading CUPS
printing system) and cupsd shows up in kpm. My Canon BJC-2000 has 3
entries in PrinterDrake: Foomatic+stp, Foomatic+BJC600, and CUPS+GIMP.
All will print a test page but only +BJC600 prints color, so I go with
that one.  It will then print a Netscape web page or kword document,
until I reboot, and it won't print unless I run PrinterDrake again.  I
have spent the weekend following the lists and browsing the web but most
docs seem to refer to networking, which I don't have, so I have tried
different things that seemed close to my case.  When I call for kups, it
usually justs goes to sleep after spending .71 sec loading into 11.60%
of my 64M of memory (I guess: these numbers are from kpm).  One time
kups came up and told me there was no parallel port on my machine (my
printer is on lp0 which works in PrinterDrake) and it failed to add the
printer.  I have also tried loading kupsdconf which goes to sleep in
1.36 sec in 11.92% of memory, outputting as follows:

QObject::Connect: No such slot
CupsdServerSecurityPage::CleanupEventFilter()
QObject::Connect: (sender name: 'unnamed')
QObject::Connect: (receiver name: 'unnamed')

lpd, lpr, and rhs-printfilters are not installed.  I installed
ghostscript-module-SVGAlib and ghostscript-utils as they were the only
rpms, besides the sambas, in the list below that were not installed.  I
figured I was not needing Samba as I have only one machine and I can
mount my windows files via kfm but I could be wrong.  I tried to get to
http://localhost:631/ but the browser stalled.  I was able to get there
in 7.1 and, frankly, I was kind of overwhelmed by all the network
references, so I am not so concerned about not seeing that again, unless
I really have to :-p
Guess that's enough for now.  Thanks for all the work on a really swell
distro.

Rolf Pedersen