On Thu, 01 Jan 2037, Ian K.Harrell wrote:
> I have a small lan setup currently (5 computers, 4 running windows 98 and 1
> running Mandrake 7.1) and I have been trying to set them all up to use some
> form of on demand dialing to my local ISP.
>
> All the computers talk to each other and everything with the local lan works
> fine (so far).
>
> I run into problems when i try to use DialD to perform the on demand dialing
> though.

I don't remember if it is available on Mandrake disks or not, but you certainly
could d/l WVdial-on-demand.  It is fairly straight forward to setup and is the
dialer of choice on other distros.  The company is World Vision, I believe,
that produces this program.  I use it with my little LAN and it works as it
should.  All my windoze boxes dial up through my linux box where I have another
great program setup....PMFirewall, also worth looking into.  Good luck!
--
TRBishop
[EMAIL PROTECTED]