howdy....

first off -- i'm a newbie also, you better seek advice from The Masters on using WINE.
 i'm starting to learn my way around Linux but WINE is still foreign to me.  also, as
i thought about it, i think i was wrong about having to have windows on your box to
use wine.  i have Corel Photo for Linux, which uses WINE, and i installed it &
everything under Linux, so i think i might be totally wrong about that.  as i say, you
must wait for The Masters to read your post & comment   =)  also you could check out
their internet site for documentation.  it's winehq.com i think....  if that is not it
try an internet search.

second -- for no reason should you ever install windows on a computer unless you are
planning to throw it in the trash.  =)

third -- how 'bout just use something else?  i don't know exactly why you need office
97, but there are linux alternatives.  there are a number of spreadsheet programs and
there is StarOffice (which i don't like much, but it works) and there is ApplixOffice
(which cost money but is somewhat better than StarOffice in my opinion).  so if you
don't mind me asking -- tell us why you need office 97 & someone on the list may be
able to give you a better option.   =)

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.
x 7042
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> SKLIM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6:00:12 PM 11/23/00 >>>
Hi Adrian

I have not install windows at my Linux BOX. Should install it ? Can you
provided me a step by step guide line because I am new.

THANK YOU

Best Regards,
SKLIM