On Friday 01 December 2000 11:15, you wrote:
> A friend of mine installed the download version of 7.2 on his Pentium
> machine with 64 megs of RAM and a i810 video setup. (its a 667mhz machine).
> Anyways, he has an external modem and no matter what we do, it does not
> show up under hardware configuration, even though its working fine. Also, I
> thought hardware acceleration was automatic with certain card/chipsets
> under 7.2. (including the i810). However, any games we play are dead
> slow... ;-(
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!

That's normal, external modems never show.  I think that's because externals
are attached to the serial port, and there's no detection of serial devices
via the ports, at least not until they are initialized.  Its NOT something to
lose sleep over.

Can't help with the vid acceleration--don't play games so haven't had the
need to mess with it.