Try startx, but you may have to run xf86setup first - never having used lin4win before
I'm not sure if it would have already setup X Windows for you.

Also, have a look at the HOW-TO docs (should be able to find them at www.linux.com) if
you need any reference material for xf86setup, and let us know how it turns out :)

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/04 1:04 pm >>>
i've just installed linux 4 windows! after
installation i clicked the icon from the desktop and
then windows boot to linux with a lot of text coming
then afterwards asked me for the login name then
password, i entered the username and password then a
word localhost with my username on bracket and i'm
wondering if what command to be used so that i can
enter to the linux desktop....

please help.....