On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Marcos Vinicius Amorim Ferreira Guimaraes wrote:

>Hi ALL,
>
>yesterday I installed Mandrake 7.1 on 64Mb K6-II 500 Mhz machine.
>But my SoundBlaster card don't work.
>
>What i need to do? Is necessary recompile linux kernel how some HOW-TOs
>docs about sound and soundblaster said? I'm really newbie and scared when
>i hear some kernel things!

When you are in X, press Ctrl-Alt-F2, log into the textmode console as
root, and then run "sndconfig". This should help you detect the card and
get things going. Works for me and so many others :)

Then log out, and press Ctrl-Alt-F7 again to get back to X
Paul

--
We are Microsoft of Borg.
You will be assimilated.