This evening I finally broke down cause my curiosity has gotten the better
of me. I Burned the Mandrake 7.2 Cd's and got read to install it so I
could see if I like it any better than 7.1.

Whether I'm booting from the CD, or from a floppy I get the same error
when the kernel start uncompressing.

CRC error

--      System Halted

Has anyone else seen this error when attempting to install 7.2. This, my
home machine is an AMD K6 233, and the one at work, which gave me the
error is a Celeron 500. I've got Mandrake 7.1 running on both machines
with no troubles. I know...if it ain't broke don't fix it...but I just
wanna see what it looks like. I've got full backups on both machine in
case the whole thing goes south I can be back up in 30 minutes.

thanks in advance,

--
Mark

/ * Sometimes it becomes necessary to rock the boat
  * in order to get the rats up from below decks
  * so they can be kicked over the side and drowned!
  *
  *     REGISTERED LINUX USER # 182496
  */