Hello,

I'm fairly new to linux and I'm still learning how to use it.  I just
connected to the internet using Win2K internet sharing connection.  A
great accomplishment for a newbie, I suppose... Anyway, ahead with my
problem...

I just installed the current version Linux-Mandrake on my Compaq Armada
1750.  The installation was smooth, I did not encounter any problems.
The only thing that I am not happy with is that there is no sound.  Has
anyone found any sound drivers for linux?  I have tried to look up the
information on the sound drivers for Windows, but I haven't been
successful in retrieving any information.  Besides the sound thing, I am
having problems logging out of a KDE session.  Whenever I try to logout,
it just sits there.  I can still move the mouse around and everything,
but nothing will open.  I have left the computer alone for about 10
minutes to see if it needed more time to logout.  Has anyone else had
similar problems like this?  Is there a set of steps that I should take
before logging out??

I should mention that I am using a 3COM 10/100 LAN Cardbus (model
3CCFE575BT) for my network connection.  I have noticed that when I have
the card inserted into a slot, it takes longer to enter a KDE session.
Could this be the cause to the problems that I'm having?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Richard F. Galaz