I can give you a quick answer from experience, alone!

Level 1 is Low: Loose as a goose and freedom to roam almost anywhere without
root privileges. There are no security checks. Your system can be used as a
"Gaming-Only" computer at this setting because with few programs set up doing
security/system checks and logging, your box can be optimized for blazing
speed.
                 **Special Note**
                 Gaming-Only!!! I do not recommend any server related software
unless it pertains as a gaming-type server.
                 ****************

Level 2 is Medium: There are some security system checks, more detailed
logging, and sturdy for general use from workstation to server and from gaming
to programming. You will be a little more familiar with "su".

Level 3 is High" This is THE level of choice for a server only box. Try to
make this box anything more then this (i.e. gaming, playing music, working
with the floppy drive...) and "su" will BE your middle name! :) You will find
yourself delirious in a world of sleepless nights, frustration, and mania.
"proc" will take on a whole new meaning with you as well as "text editor".
This level can make a computer guru if not at least a linux guru out of you if
you survive the experience with at least a shred of sanity to call your own!

I hope this helps.
Cheers
--Al

Eric Stoycon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Greetings everyone.
        I have a quick question. During the install of Mandrake 7.1 I get an
option about what security level I want. Are there any documents out there
that talk about the differences in those levels? Could someone point me in
the right direction?
Thanks
Eric Stoycon

http://home.netscape.com/webmail