Apparently, they are not installed because I did waht you suggested and
it just kept returning to the prompt.  I did a file find for postgre*
and php* and nothing came up as well.  Anyway, I went to the Postgres
and PHP websites and downloaded a Mandrake i586.rpm for postgres and a
tar.gz for PHP.  That should get me going.  Thanks for the information.

Michael

--
Michael Lewis
Exasource Inc.