On Wednesday 13 December 2000 06:03 am, you wrote:
> Denis,
>
> Try re-installing the gedit rpm again. it appears as though when the
> program installed the setup process did not complete properly. That or you
> could hunt down the config file that this program is reading from and
> manualy reset the value that is causing this error.
>
> And...we who don't use M$ or the apps thereof don't fear the image
> attachment that you sent. However, in the future if you want to copy and
> paste something from a terminal to an email message use the "middle" mouse
> button to paste the copied text into your composition window.
>
> When copying from the terminal window all one has to do is highlight the
> text. Linux automatically appends the highlighted text to the system
> clipboard. Then to paste the copied text into your document, or mail
> message simply place your cursor where you want to paste the text, press
> the middle mouse button, and viola!
>
> hope this helps...
Thanks it appeared to solve the problem. I d/l'd the latest version of gedit
and resolved some dependencies and the locale messages have gone away.
Thanks for that bit of advice. On the other I am using a kensington roller
ball and don't have a third button, if I click simultaneously with the left
and right buttons nothing pops up. I could swear I had 3 button emulation
checked, I will re check that ,  thanks again
--
Dennis Myers registered Linux User #180842