This was something that somebody mentioned a day or two ago.  You may have
telnet disabled.  When installing ssh it automatically disables telnet because
it's not secure.

You also may not have the telnet-server installed, which would then not let
anybody telnet in.

Run this command to determine if you do have the telnet server up and
running.

rpm -qa | grep telnet

On my machine at home, YODA, it is now, but I use ssh since it's secure.

[root@yoda /root]# rpm -qa | grep telnet
telnet-0.17-5mdk

On another friend's machine I have an account on, it is installed, though it's
disabled.

[timh@eric timh]$ rpm -qa | grep telnet
ktelnet-0.61-6mdk
telnet-0.16-4mdk
telnet-server-0.16-4mdk

So check for those things. The telnet-server-0.16.-4mdk is on the install discs
for 7.2.  I don't remember which CD, but I do know they're on there.

And actually, now that I look, it's on Disc one.

[root@yoda RPMS]# pwd
/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS
[root@yoda RPMS]# ls -la telnet-*
-r--r--r--    8 root     root        50832 Oct  6 08:07 telnet-0.17-5mdk.i586.rpm
-r--r--r--    8 root     root        27695 Oct  6 08:07
telnet-server-0.17-5mdk.i586.rpm

Hope that helps.
tdh
--
T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org

"Real Men use Vi."

* Robert Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [001216 05:38]: