I  am experiencing the install problem with a store bought version of
Mandrake 7.2, a couple of times I was able to hit F12 at the precise moment
to get the installer to bypass loading the RAMDISK, but the install faulted
later on, and have never been able to sucessfully install a Linux OS, I
starting with the Mandrake 7.2 Powerpack Deluxe and have had no luck!!