On Friday 22 December 2000 05:43 pm, Beckycould wrote:
> Sorry, I'm Sorry, Please forgive me. I'm SOrry. Please Forgive Me.
> Please I'm SOrry. Sorry. Please. Oh Please forgive my mistake. Oh
> HTML Sorry Oh Please. Sorry...
>
> I'm Sorry.....

   Disingenuous ?

> From: "Mark Hillary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Please can you not use HTML when emailing to the list.

    Becky, et al   you were sent a welcoming email when you joined this
group (as with MOST ALL public ML's) that No.1, said please post in
plain text only.  This has been a matter of Netiquette, before there
was a Net, when some of us old SOB's dialed into local BBS's.  If you
(not just you Becky) need reasoning beyond the No.1 rule please
understand:

o   it wastes bandwidth.  html, rtf, etc. uses twice (or more) bytes
than regular old plain (ASCII) txt.   If everybody insisted on doin' it
anyway, then everybody's access to the Net would be diminished
accordingly.  Those with limited access are hurt the most.

o   Becky, (et al) What looks great in,

  on your size monitor, with your video card, with your font
settings....
... well it looks like Sh!+ to a lot of us that aren't as encumbered,
if it even renders at all.

o   If, as in your case Becky (or, et al), you choose to connect to the
Net with any M$ product, you run a grave risk of being infected by
virii, or cracked.  Use of anything but plain txt email _severely_
enhances this prospect for M$ users.

o   Use of html, rtf, etc, is about the same as attachments.  On a
public list they're not allowed/strongly discouraged.

  I could go on, Kmail is unfortunately html capable, but I digress,
Merry Christmas
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay