Check http://www.alsa-project.org  ----> documentation

I had the same problem when I played with the drivers about a year ago .. and
found the answer in a cryptic statement in the docs.  Sorry - can't recall
the process to get it working.  I think there is some info on kwmsound that
might help.

--
Testing New PC Hardware under the GNU/Linux OS
http://www.linuxtests.org