I asked the same question on the list about a week ago and the response I
received was great (thanks everyone).

To summarise, there are several people on the list (including myself now)
that are successfully using Helix GNOME on Mandrake 7.2. The Helix download
page only mentions Mandrake 6.1, 7.0 and 7.1 as being supported. I e-mailed
Helixcode regarding this about a week ago and they said that 7.2 would not
work well with Helix GNOME, but a Mandrake 7.2 version is due soon. This is
merely the official word, and I can say that Helix GNOME works fine on my 7.2
system. The most noticable differences are a few new panel applets (like a
stock ticker) and your menu gets a little messed up as all the Helix links
are placed above the Mandrake ones.

The Mandrake and Helix GNOMEs vary little at the present. This will change
with time, however, as Helix releases updates via their Helix Updates service
more often than Mandrake does. Mandrake Updates focuses on security issues
and some bug-fixes, whereas Helix Updates tries to give you the latest
packages and features.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
        Your mouse has moved. Windows must be rebooted to acknowledge this change.