On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, back focus wrote:
I assume that you shall be adminitering it as well, for that I'll recommend
Linux Adminsitration, A beginner's guide by Steve Shah

It starts with the basic and explains everything without making many assumptions about
the background except for one in windows :-)

All the best
Pankaj

bf>Howdy folks.
bf>
bf>  I figure that I'll be getting some gift certificates
bf>from the bookstore this Christmas.
bf>
bf>  I am a complete newbie to linux.  I installed
bf>Mandrake 7.2 this weekend, and except for a minor
bf>issue with ppp, it went on without a hitch.
bf>
bf>  Now, I want to learn to use my new toy.  Could any
bf>suggest some good books to learn linux with?
bf>
bf>  I have a very strong windows background, but need
bf>some suggestions to learn linux. Anything you could
bf>offer would be helpful!
bf>
bf>  Hoping to eventually answer, instead of ask
bf>questions,
bf>  -Craig
bf>
bf>Do You Yahoo!?
bf>Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products.
bf>http://shopping.yahoo.com/
bf>

                Time does not heal wounds. It's just an opiate.

                              PANKAJ SETHI
                    614-688-8708(W)  614-294-9265(H)
                1550 Neil Ave, Apt D, Columbus, OH-43201
                  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~psethi