Check the bios to see if it can use a different method of seeing the HD, such as LBA or Large or Normal, and try all the options.  Another possibility is to upgrade the bios.  It may be a flash bios that can be upgraded by running a program, or maybe needs a replacement bios chip.

BobC
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Donald Munson
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2000 12:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Installation with older Bios

I have an older Pentium 90 that will not fully see a 2.1 GB HD.  I have formatted the HD cleanly and the BIOS will only see the first 504 MB.  I have read in the archives that it is not recommended to install Linux using a HD overlay.  Is it possible to install 7.2 and then reformat the remaining portions of the HD to get the full benefit of the 2.1 GB?

I would really appreciate any assistance.  I don't want to give this up and I don't want to have to buy a new motherboard and components just to install Linux.

Don