Thanks Tom,

i'm about as new to linux as new to linux can be ;-)

i appreciate the advice and the links too. i've already checked the newbie and expert
archives and intend to check some more pages for resources. i didnt know about the
command to install the guides right into the OS  though. i've already seen what you
mean about the books - it really seems there's no way they can keep up with the rest
of you out there.

so far i think i have the BASIC install done, and i've managed to get my 2 printers
configured (YAY!) still havent figured out my dsl config and internet beyond that.
otherwise i dont know what to do first or most important ;-) so when i figure out
which questions i need to ask i wont be shy ;-) i'm mainly tinkering and playing
around. i dont have plans to run a network- this is just for fun for me, very
interesting subject, and something different than evil bill gates' programming.

i worked yesterday and spent the entire day reading linux stuff. not a bad day. take
care - talk to you later.

les
Gastonia NC