I asked this Question last week but missed the response, so please forgive
me for repeating...

I have a Compaq 1200XL 118 Laptop (using all the internal drivers and
adapters) and after installing Mandrake 7.2 I can't get the X Window System
to display properly. I run Xconfigurator and it appears to properly
configure my monitor (using a generic 70hz, superVGA) but when I run X the
screen refresh does funky things.
It writes to the display in funky ways causing the screen to have ghost
images. The whole screen will be covered with multiply parts of the desktop
and any open windows in a confusing array of hash, broken windows and icons.
Does anyone know what I should set the display settings too to get X to work
properly.
Further I asked Compaq for info regarding the screen and they sent back
SIZE: 800 X 600 X 24b, & Cyberblade 3D Adapter.  The rest of the info
regarded the video output port.  Anyway I tried the settings but still no
joy.  Has anyone got any ideas?  Thanks again for your time....

Robert Hershberger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  --  email
703-234-3950 x9038  --  voice/fax (East Coast)
619-388-2006 x1211  --  voice/fax (West Coast)

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com