[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I find that http://www.gamepc.com usually has a pretty unbiased view point
on procs.  Personally I'm really happy with my athlon 900.  Mandrake 7.2 is
fast as hell after I recompiled everything I use for my processors
architecture.  windowmaker opens from startx (enter) to finished in about 2
seconds ;-)
Blackbox will probably do it in less than one!!  Give it a try if you're
willing to forego eyecandy and like the understated elegance of simplicity.
Runs just about any KDE or Gnome app with NO problem.
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me."
        --Winston Churchill

http://home.netscape.com/webmail