I do have another question concerning Gphoto and digital camera use. I was only
able to get it to work as "su" because my normal user returned a permission
error on ttyxxx...

I understand that normally, though kppp, my user can access ttyS00 because its
really linked to /dev/modem, which has all permissions turned on so...

How do I set things up so that my normal user account can use Gphoto and access
the ttyxxx that it needs?

Thanks much! ;-)

PS Something else odd that I'd like to mention. Gphoto saved my downloaded pics
as "-001.jpg" and up, numerically. I went su, then did:

chmod 750 *
chgrp darklord *
chown darklord *

and none of these, (which normally work) worked. I was given an error message
along the lines of:

<command> -- 0 invalid option
see <command> -- help

On a hunch, I removed the "-" in front of these filenames, (using KDE not from
a command line) and I was able to manipulate them as usual. What is it about a
"-" in front of a file name that does this? Curiosity is killing me... ;-)

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord