Joseph Red wrote:

> Hmm, good question about rw.  R *should* work.  Try it:)  As for the
> security/permissions, I was told the "right" way would be to create a group
> for the cam, add myself to the group, and give the *group* rights to ttyS0.
>
> Joseph Red
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Seems like there should be an easier way...

Well, let me tell you what I did try. I went to /dev and ls al ttys* and noted
that permissions were:

crw-rw-rw-

while the owner was root, and the group was tty. So...I went to /etc/group and
added my normal user account to the group tty in that file, thinking then that
it would have access/permission to tty stuff. Nope. Didn't work. Oh well. ;-)

Seems like it should have though, eh?

--

                                                                     /\
                                                                 Dark><Lord