Actually, 'Whistler' is based on Windows 2000 and (according
to Microsoft) will contain no legacy 16-bit code. (I'll
believe it when I see it.)

On the plus side, it will probabally be the most stable
desktop version of Windows ever. On the other hand a lot of
older programs will break under Whistler.

Given Microsoft's track record on OS releases, the 3Q 2001
release date will more likely be 2Q 2002 or later...

> On Thursday 28 December 2000 03:06, you wrote:
> > There's an update to Millennium coming out later this
year. I think it's
> > name is Whistler.
> >

> Yeah...that short for "Whistle friggin dixie while you
wait for ever for your
> computer to stinkin work correctly cause this OS sucks!"
I'm sorry. Win 95B
> is a good one and 98SE isn't too bad as long as you keep
the registry squeeky
> clean; NT4.0 with "all" the service pack installed and
kept clean will run